Tuesday 6 February 2007

Welcome to my blog

After many months of pondering whether I would embark on the journey of entering the blog space, I decided to give in and share my thoughts and ideas on both my doctoral work and anything else on my mind. And quite a journey it has been, trying to figure out how everything works (or fails to). In terms of my research, I have to report that blogger.com and blogspot.com manage to be pretty accessible to blind users. The only really annoying thing turned out to be setting permissions because blogger.com brings up a fancy pop-up when you restrict the blog to "read by authors" only. And JAWS for Windows simply refused to read that pop-up.

The frequency of posting on this blog will vary wildly, based on how much time I have on a given day to write down my thoughts. Events around me (or in the news) may affect the posting rate quite a bit as well, since I plan to offer my own commentary on various events (especially as they relate to accessibility issues).

I hope that anyone that drops by to read these postings will find something to satisfy their curiosity. Be it to find out the latest about my doctoral research, to find out my thoughts on various issues (even politics), or simply for the enjoyment factor of reading someone else's thoughts...

All I can say is...

Welcome!

No comments: